Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mary Poppins made a makeup case + Rage

Yesterday I splurged and got a new travel case for my makeup.  It's breathtaking on every level...  I know that I recommended using an actual toolbox from a hardware store to put everything in (which I still stand by, and do), but it started to become awkward when I would arrive to a job, with my huge toolbox, and people would be like "am I that bad that you have to reconstruct my whole face?"  Touché.  It was all a lil' industrial (not in a hip way), and so I have converted to using my sleek lil' guy for travelling/on-sight stuff, and keeping the hardhat box for storage....  Behold:

The said lil' guy
Which opens to this...
Which opens to this...
And is accompanied by this.
Oh the organization fun I had last night!!!  As a self-diagnosed OCD type of person, I loved going through everything, labelling, condensing and arranging...  The husbo was away on business, so I couldn't share my excitement with him; therefore I creeped over to my neighbour's house, set up some false pretences of beer and trashy TV good times, and TRAPPED him!  Poor boy had no idea what he was walking into:  I talked a little too loud and positioned myself in front of the TV so he would have to focus on me as I showed him the new purchase.  I kept saying "Appreciate this!  It's seriously life-changing!!  Do you understand??!"  He didn't, but he sat through it.

It's all the leaf blowers fault!  Yesterday's poo-stash incident that is (I'm ashamed to admit that this was the second time in my life that I've had dog sh*t in and/or around my nose...  That's 2x too many).  The reason I wiped my nose with a poopy finger yesterday is because my allergies are outta control.  The reason my allergies are outta control is because there is every gardener this side of Indiana in my neighbourhood using an effing leaf blower do create dust storms, and blow leafs on to someone else's property.  What is the point of these things????  They are loud, useless, create MORE MESS, blow dust around, aggravate my allergies, and make me wipe poo in my nose.  This morning I went for a walk with Dugg for his morning routine, and was greeted by a thick cloud of blowing dust, that immediately stung my eyes, and filled my nose.  It was also so loud with various blowers going off that it made me think of being in some unknown stage of hell; like being surrounded by killer bees.  Uff, since I hadn't yet had my morning coffee (which equals not-fun-Théa), I actually asked a gardener who was blowing dust in my path, to turn off his blower, as it was insulting my breathing and walking space (note I first had to get his attention with some frantic waving and generally weird movements).  He looked at me like "ummm I'm doing my job, and no".  His foretelling stare left me feeling defeated, so I walked on and as soon as I was 2 feet away, he started the effing blower again.  I turned around and slapped my thighs and said "NO!!".  WTF is wrong with me?   Poor Dugg (and gardener), he thought he did something wrong, but really it's just his mum having bitter feelings over snorting poop.

Beauty tips to come!  I'm off to the studio to check out it's progress and I may get some shots from last week's photoshoot at the Crown Plaza!!

Don't get mad at innocent gardeners and don't wipe poop in your nose.  That's my advise for now.

xo T

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I like this post it is very good and informative. I am sure that this post will be very helpful Television Makeup Artist Sydney

    ReplyDelete