Friday, March 4, 2011

Photoshoot fun and Prime time crease help!

I've got the photos from Friday's Crowne Plaza River Oaks Photoshoot!  Gary and his team at Red Photo Photography did an incredible job!  The light and image manipulation is amazing and truly shows what skilled photographers I had a chance to work with.  Some of my favourite photos from the shoot are below.  I will also be updating my website's portfolio later today with some of the wedding shots!!  Woohoo!!!

Getting Melinda ready - Hair and Makeup
Eyes
And the fabulous red lips!
Sexy lady!!!
Makeup and hair complete!
After finishing Melinda, I had to get myself ready.
I came with my hair finished, so all I would have to do
is a few finishing touches...
Pondering marriage? 
How does this thingy go on?
Great makeup shot! woohoo
My Favourite photo
 Let's talk primer.  There are two areas that makeup primer is important for:  the eyes and the face.  Don't understand the purpose of primer?  That's ok; even as a makeup artist/obsessor, I don't wear primer daily, but there are many women who do.  Why?  Because it helps makeup last longer, it can soften the appearance of fine lines, and reduce the visibility of large pores; specific primers can help with oil control as well as counteract any redness in the face (eg. Rosacea). There are so many kinds of primer out there, that it can be confusing, but after trying out what feels like a million different brands, I've come up with a few favourites.

For the Face:

  1. MAC Matte:  This Matte-ifying Primer, is fabulous to reduce shiny, oily skin.  Apply over your moisturizer, wait a couple of minutes, and then apply your foundation.
  2. Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer:  Apply the same as above - helps to fill in fine lines, reduce the appearance of pores, makes makeup longer, and has skin-soothing antioxidants!  Amazeballs!

For the eyes:

  1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance:  This stuff is FABULOUS!  Put it on before you put on your eyeshadow and you will never have creased, greasy lids again!  It also helps in making sure your eyeshadow application is blended and even.
  2. MAC Paints:  What I love about these is they come in a variety of colours, so you can use a neutral base and build on it with whatever colours you chose, or you can use a darker one, and build an incredibly rich (and crease free!) smokey eye.
Happy Friday!!  Don't high five anyone today...  Only side or low fives.  It will make the world a better place.

xo T

2 comments:

  1. Wowza! you were once again a gorgeous bride! What a fantastic makeup shot! What fun to get all dressed up in a white dress again! You are "amazeballz"

    PS
    Have you thought of sharing your vocabulary with Urban Dictionary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bubble gum shot. And so jealous you got to be a bride again! :)

    I would like to put my 2 cents on the eyebrow discussion. Aside from Thea helping me groom my wavy, curly, thick in some spots, thin in other spots over the years, about a year ago I had a life changing experience.

    I went to the brow house in Toronto. This girl taught me some great tricks to the trade, including my favorite, always pluck and trim AFTER you have applied your desired shape. And only pluck or trim the stuff that has not been covered by a pencil or such.

    I love their product and unfortunately it's exclusive to them, but looks like on their website they might start selling online. Here is a link:
    http://www.thebrowhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete