Monday, March 7, 2011

What's that in your pocket? Spring has Sprung!

Yayayayay, it is ridiculously beautiful here in Houston...  The flowers are starting to come out, and on my run this morning, I actually stopped to smell them (in reality I was just tired, but onlookers wouldn't have known that). This Springyness has resulted in a million makeup ideas rolling through my head.  Spring time reminds me of fresh, new, light, earthy, colourful...  And in terms of makeup, the exact same thoughts apply.

For the eyes:  Light lavenders, blended with soft browns and golds; deep auburns, brightened with copper and champagne highlights; soft greens, complemented with rich neutrals.  The skin is all about adding a healthy glow; a dewy finish, with strategic highlighting to reveal a softer, more radiant look.  And the lips....  from bright red, to soft pink, playful colours and glossy finishes will complete your springtime look!  

I have the lovely Leigh acting as my model today as I reveal one of my Spring inspired makeup tutorials...  I'm so excited to post it!  Give me a few hours and it'll be ready for your viewing pleasure.  In the meantime, add a little highlighter to your cheekbones, some glossy colour to your lips, and a take a shot of something...  tequila always brings out the flush in my face :) tehe

xo T

2 comments:

  1. I tried the light lavender idea- is lilac the same? Anyway, its a lilac eyeshadow by bobbi brown with AMAZING pigment and staying power, and its nice and light in appearance. I blended it with bobbi brown eyeshadow in blond (its a soft brown really- also good for eyebrow blending) and highlighted it with some light gold MAC eyeshadow (dunno the color!)
    It is such a romantic look- feeling pretty girly :D
    I want to see your tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours sounds perfect!! I have that Bobbi Brown eyeshadow and ADORE it! Video Tutorial ETA 2 hrs... I had to restart the editing last night... The beauty gods wanted me to keep everyone waiting apparently. It's gonna be awesome!! Thanks for the comment and ideas!!

    ReplyDelete