Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tool boxes and heavy breathing

Houston was GORGEOUS this morning!!  The Husbo and I had a good lil' Saturday thus far:  We did some curtain hanging in the new makeup studio, pancake eating, and I did a coffee induced dance party in the kitchen with my adult onesie on.   Man I love that thing.  Here are a couple of visuals that will lead into my first piece of beauty advice:


Husbo + Drilling good times
New curtains!  So flowy and prevent
neighbour perving





















In building this studio, I had to get creative:  I wanted to do a lighted mirror a la broadway, but every thing I found either required some re-wiring, or was $300 +...  So after a few Home Depot and Lowe's trips, I discovered the clamp-on utility light.  I've attached 2 of these on either side of a big mirror, and I am going to buy 2 more as I'm loving the lighting; it's absolutely perfect makeup light.  Besides the lights, the FAB thing I found was a huge toolbox that fits all of my makeup/brushes/products, locks when closed to prevent any drawers from opening up, and is super portable.  Not to mention, it was less that $50 with tax!  I've been looking at makeup toolboxes and the ones that would be big enough for all my stuff were over $300!!!

 There were so many Toolbox options at Lowe's - small, medium, big - so perfect for makeup and other product organization, and way more affordable than actual " makeup" toolkits/cases.

Product deliciousness organized into ze Toolbox!!
One of the clamp-on lights attached to the mirror,
and another angle of my hardcore toolbox

So after some good studio building/organizing, I went for a run as the weather was truly perfect.  About half-way through, my ipod died, but it wasn't that big of a deal because it was THAT gorgeous out... However, turns out the ipod was blocking out the sound of a serious snot-rocketting, heavy breathing douche bag who was running creepily close behind me!  SERIOUSLY!!  He was clearly using me as his pacer, and at 30 second intervals he would empty his sinuses like it was his mission in life.  I couldn't shake him, and it's a loop run, so where was a gonna go?  I tried speeding up (but that wasn't gonna be maintained for long), and even walked for a few paces, but he slowed down???  Finally I stopped, looked at him with a major squint/evil glare, and deliberately untied my shoes.  There was nothing he could do but continue without being a major creeper, and thank G that's what he did.  I'm sorry to share this rant with you, but it leads into some very relevant beauty advice...  Winter dry skin problems!

After my somewhat ragey run, I was getting ready for the day and I noticed my skin was super flaky and dry around my chin area.  Being Canadian, I've had my share of winter induced dry skin; and the Dubai desert proved to play a number on my skin as well.  The number one solution that has worked for me was good old Jojoba oil.  I mix in a few drops with my moisturizing lotion, or I put it directly on my face (concentrating on my driest areas) and let it soak in for a couple minutes, then follow with my favorite moisturizer.  To help super dry lips, I slather jojoba oil directly on my lips before bed - When I wake up, my lips are moisturized, soft, and plumped up!  This stuff really just keeps on giving!  During the day I use Blistex Lip Medex in the blue container.  It keeps the chappiness away, and your pout lipstick ready (don't EVER wear lipstick with dry lips!  It's not a good look to have paint peeling lips...  Not sexy.  Stick to Lip glosses over chap stick).

Snot rockets behind me, and curtains hung.  Good times.

xo T


1 comment:

  1. That picture of Earl is a bit disturbing. On purpose?

    ReplyDelete