Monday, February 7, 2011

Cheerful Torture

So today, as I attended my thrice weekly barre class, I had some nasty thoughts towards our instructor Kaci, as she was telling us to hold for "only 60 more seconds", and to "bend deeper into the squat, get on our toes, and simultaneously squeeze the [bloody] blue ball".  Are you f*#$ing kidding me lady??  Nope, she wasn't, and we all obliged to the barre dictator.  I'm allowed to say this because I actually adore Kaci, and think she's SUCH an inspiring woman!  She has transformed her life, lost an incredible 90 pounds, and is one of my favourite teachers at Barre... she's also a fellow blogger giving fabulous insight and healthy living/eating tips for those of us dedicated to living balanced lives...  But nonetheless, in a previous life, she was a cattle brander or something ;)

Now, I started this blog with this lil' rant because after hobbling out of my new favourite mode of exercise (seriously I'm addicted, and my butt, arms, legs, and abs have seen most pleasing results), I noticed that my tinted moisturizer was still quite perfectly in place, with only a hint of a glow, and no smudgy gross oily feelings (and I was a sweaty mess - I'm a sweater people, not a glower)...  Chalk it up to my new favourite tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier.  It's life-changing for a girl that has lived through some sweaty times; living in Dubai for two years (seriously that place is two steps away from Hell in terms of temperature), and now Houston, whose humidity nightmares I've been hearing about scare the pants off me - If it feels slightly hotter in the day I start to get mild anxiety over whats to come.  Anyways, this stuff is liquid gold for the face, giving perfect (yet mild) coverage, spf protection, and it's oil free as well!!  I put it on overtop of my fav moisturizer, add a lil' bronzer and I'm good to go.

I love liquid gold ( and a lil' goldschlager)!

xoxo T

No comments:

Post a Comment