Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cookies and Milk edition

I'm making an executive decision and expanding on my posts...  What has been written thus far has included beauty tips and tricks, and is obviously a huge part if who I am, but to be true to the Théa-fication process, I think I have to bring in other elements as well.  This "other element" will be like the sprinkles on the cupcake, or the soy sauce on the rice to this blog driven by beauty - really just a random entry or two to add a lil' dimension, and to give my readers a sneak peak into one of my other obsessions:  Baking.

Not just baking, baking, but recipe manipulation to make everything healthy.  This obsession started a looooooong time ago (at least in reference to my lifetime) and has grown, and morphed as my priorities in life have changed.  Growing up as a serious Ballet dancer, and getting into modelling in my teens, I have always been quite "body conscious".  There was a time in my life, where this body awareness grew unhealthy, and lead me down a really dangerous path health-wise; but ultimately taught me a lot about myself, the world around me, human resilience, and confidence.

My experiences and challenges in dealing with health/weight/confidence, lead me to get a degree in Health Sciences to better understand the SCIENCE behind why we needed the nutrients that we did.  I also turned into someone that people came to for weight loss advice, health tips, and general questions about healthful eating; I was even asked to be a feature author in an international text book on Human Wellness and Potential (not to toot my own horn, but, "TOOT-effing-TOOT")...  That being said, I do NOT BELIEVE IN DIETS!!!  They suck.  Bottom line.  What I AM into is enjoying all the foods I like, some in higher rotation than others, and in the meantime, turning my favourite foods into healthier versions of themselves.  

This is a blog about Beauty:  Beauty is nothing without confidence.  When you feel good in your own skin, you will feel beautiful.  For me, fitting into my jeans plays a big part in feeling good about myself; however I will get rage if I can't eat the foods I want to eat to do so.  I am a cookie and muffin monster.  It's not normal.  I actually love the grainy ones, that say stuff like "mountain goat cookie" or "7 grain muffin" - unfortunately if you buy these in a store or coffee shop, they are pretty much all oil, with a touch of the good stuff in there.  So begins my quest to make these delicious concoctions, without worrying about the expansion of my ass, and the ticking of my heart.

Get ready for my Théa-fyed Monster cookies!!!  They are my favourite thing to eat pre and post workout, post meal, and at snack time (I love snack time).  I consume a lot of these high protein, flourless, low sugar cookies:  they fuel me up and sort out my need for chocolate in a hurry.

And here She is!!

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs + 2 eggs whites
  • 1 1/2 Cups Splenda
  • 1 Tblsp Vanilla
  • 1 Tblsp Honey
  • 2 tspn Baking Soda
  • 1 tspn Salt
  • 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
  • 1.5 Cups Peanut Butter (or other Nut Butter - I've used Almond Butter and Cashew Butter, and mixed a couple together as well)
  • 4 1/2 Cups oats
  • 1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips (or Carob Chips, or a mix of whatever chocolate you like)
Directions

Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.  Beat the eggs and egg whites.  Add the Splenda, Vanilla, Honey, Baking Soda and Salt and stir everything together vigorously.  Stir in the Peanut Butter and the melted Butter.  Add the Oats and stir everything until it's combined.  Add the Chocolate chips and stir again until combined.  Scoop rounded Tablespoons, and bake on a lined cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.  Eat and enjoy!!!

mmmmmmm, Dugg wants some

MMMMM, cookies in my Mouth.



PS.  I will be posting a video re Day-Night makeup tomorrow.  I'm just doing a lil' editing, but the final product looked like this:

Day - Night Smokey eye that will be featured in video tomorrow... 

Rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time.  Do it.

Xo T

No comments:

Post a Comment