Monday, February 14, 2011

Steel Cupid's skin and wear it as a mask

I love LOVE!!!  Happy Valentine's Day precious people!  Even if you don't have a significant other, take this day to love yourself, and the people in your life that make your heart smile.  I am so grateful to those people around me that fill me with joy, and especially to my Husbo...  What a peach he is.  We've been married just over a year, but have been together for seven years, and I can't tell you how much his support, love, and hilariousness mean to me.  Sigh, I'm a gush-ball of shmoopy, lovey feelings today.  And on this day of celebrating love, we are heading out for some delicious, fancy, food:  full coverage foundation worthy food - photoshoot worthy skin - the works.  So let's get started.

Wedding day love...  The Parker Palm Springs.  Deeeelish!

First off, I don't use this method of foundation application every day, as I'm always running around, and my Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder works like a hot damn for my daily makeup look.  I can layer it on, depending on how much coverage my skin needs that day with my favorite Kabuki brush, which makes the application of this fantastic mineral foundation a breeze.  However, when I want to look more "done-up", or polished (think Kim Kardashian, or Jennifer Lopez...  They always look red-carpet worthy), or if I'm having some major skin issues that require more coverage, I turn to the following technique:  Double layer magic (I'm going to patent that).  It takes a little more time, but for those of you who have some discolouration in your skin, or if you just want to try a more glamorous look for a special event (or every day really - I always have to restrain myself from giving random side-fives to women that have put that extra effort in to look good), this is the method for you.

The method starts with properly moisturized skin (always), including the under-eye area.  If you wish, you can add a primer after you've waited a couple of minutes for the moisturizer to settle in the skin (this is optional - If I know it's going to be a long day/night, then I will apply a primer as it helps the makeup last longer), and then get out the big guns... or brush in this case:  Makeup Forever's 55N brush.  This lil' gem makes liquid foundation application a breeze - It's like a little leprechaun in your hands, placing the foundation exactly how it should be.  I use it with Makeup forever HD invisible cover foundation (it's amazeballs), but using this brush + any liquid foundation that matches your skin colour and tone will work just fine.  At this point, I will apply my concealer under my eyes (using the Théa way, skipping the highlighter segment), and in any trouble spots, then move on to the next step:


Layer number 2 (hence the Double Layer Magic Name).  This layer consists of applying the aforementioned Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder foundation over the liquid foundation - I'm sure other powder foundation will do as well - Sometimes I use Bare Minerals foundation for this layer when the mood strikes.  I then apply my favourite highlighter along the top of my cheekbones, blush and bronzer of choice.  The powder foundation second layer will not only set the liquid makeup and hold it in place, but it will provide additional coverage to give your skin an airbrushed, flawless look.  Even my dear Husbo, who rarely notices any makeup changes (unless it's drag worthy), will say "your skin looks good babe" - the girl-compliment equivalent of "Dear JEBUS!!!!  Did you have laser treatments?  Or just steel Cupid's skin and wear it for today?!!!"

Sound confusing?  Don't worry, a video demo will be posted in just a bit!  Get ready world, Cupid-worthy skin + a bulk of men commenting on makeup deliciousness may change the earth's axis of rotation if done in unison...  Don't say I didn't warn you.

xoxo T

No comments:

Post a Comment