Monday, April 11, 2011

Good things come to those who wait

I know I know, it's been far too long since my last post, however, I was on honeymoon time, exploring, and eating my way through New York!!  So I'll make up for it...  I'm not sure how many of my readers live or visit New York, but I have a couple of recommendations - i.e. my top must do's while in the big NYC:

What you must consume:

  1. Eat French Onion Soup dumplings at Stanton Social
  2. Eat the Scalloped potatoes and chocolate mousse at Pastis
  3. Eat the Chilean Sea Bass at Tao
  4. Eat cheesecake at Eileen's cheesecake
  5. Eat Halal Street meat on any corner in Midtown
  6. Eat pizza and pasta at Le Pizza in Eataly
  7. Eat Garlic cheese fries at the Yankee stadium at Garlic fries

Where you must Wander:

  1. All throughout Soho, and Noho (up and down Broadway and Lafayette)
  2. Gramercy Park area is amazing and has a lot of energy/funky places to see
  3. Meat packing district is the place to spot celebrities being hipster cool
  4. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge
  5. Walk all around Central Park (We liked the Northern half... less touristy)
  6. Walk 5th Avenue in Midtown to see the huge Tiffany's store and Sak's.  Both made me drool.
  7. China town was amazing
  8. Walk around Eataly and any Dean & Deluca you find...  So much amazing, high quality food.  Loved it.
Ok, that's it for that.  I'm not a good tour guide, just like to give advice on things I know from experience...  And one such experience equals the new eyeliner I purchased in a HUGE Sephora somewhere in our explorations...  My loyal readers know that I am quite obsessed with Stila's Kajal Eyeliner in Black Onyx.  Well, I went to get me a few other Stila Kajal eyeliners in different colours, and discovered Stila Smudgesticks Waterproof eyeliner.  I was hesitant to change from something I know works so well, but as soon as she drew a line of this velvety goodness on my hand, and I saw the deep black pigment, I was sold.  To top it off, because it's waterproof, it is AMAZING at staying in place when used to line the inner rim of the eyes!!  I lined my inner rim with this stuff and it stayed all day while we walked all of New York...  The wind was making my eyes water, and I was sweating, then cold, then sweating, and it stayed on.  It's miraculous stuff.  I bought the black and brown - the brown has a slight shimmer to it and I love it.  I also want to share a couple of makeup looks I did for our various activities.  Behold:
Neutral makeup for Stanton house...  
Jeans, blazer, obnoxious heels
This is how I do my makeup in hotel rooms...  Always have.
I need to be close to the mirror
Tao Makeup - Smokey eyes and bubble gum pink lips.
Funky braids, awesome vintage necklace, military boots, leggings, dress.
Awesome new necklace
Doing my makeup in the upgraded room...  Oh yeah!!!
We got upgraded to a crazy suite on on the 50th floor that was like 1500 SF.
Decadence & Opulence...
Now I have ten million things to do, and have zero motivation to do it.  I have to visit the worst place on Earth (the DMV) to get my Texas Driver's license, and various other terrible errands.  SICK.

People pick up their dog poop in New York.  They also push you out of the way.  I was good with both.

xo T

No comments:

Post a Comment