Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cookies and Milk edition 3

It's been a while since I've done a food bloggeroooooo, and this evening provided the perfect opportunity.  I'm feeling quite pleased with myself for managing to make these delights:

Oh. My. Sweetness. 
Seriously these Cinnamon Rolls were amazeballz, and I couldn't help myself and had two and now I have a well deserved food baby kickin' around in there.  The husbo is in worse condition...  He went for three after an obscene amount of pasta and now he can't cheer/react fast or loud enough while watching the Canuck's play game three of the playoffs.  It's funny - reminds me of a turtle that's stuck on it's back... But the Husbo doesn't have a shell holding him down; just piggyness.

Gooey deliciousness
The Cinnamon Roll Recipe that I searched out on the internet is below.  I've scratched out the stuff I didn't do to make the sweet delights slightly less fatty, and they still turned out extremely decadent!!
Dough Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 Tbls. ground cinnamon
  • (2) .25 oz. pks. active dry yeast (I use 2 TB instant yeast)
  • 1 tsp. granulated sugar
  • 1 cup 110 degree water (approximately)
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup melted butter OR margarine
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs – slightly beaten
  • Up to 8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup melted butter OR margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans – optional
  • 1/2 cup melted butter OR margarine
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and the cinnamon; set aside (this will be used later to spread on dough)
  • In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in warm water; set aside (if using instant yeast, you can skip this step)
  • In a large bowl, mix together milk, 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, salt, and eggs; add yeast mixture and 4 cups of flour to mixture; beat until smooth; stir in enough flour to form a slightly stiff dough.  (I used about 6 Cups in total)
  • Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead for 8 minutes. 
  • Place dough into a large greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 – 1 1/2 hours. 
  • Punch down dough and let rest for 5 minutes.
  • Roll dough out onto a floured surface into a 15″ X 20″ rectangle.
  • Brush 1/2 cup melted butter over dough; sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over dough; sprinkle nuts evenly over dough, if desired.
  • Tightly roll up dough and pinch edges together to seal; cut the roll into 12 – 15 slices using dental floss or thread.  (I used a serrated knife)
  • Coat the bottom of a 13″ X 9″ X 2″ baking pan with 1/2 cup melted butter; sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar evenly in the bottom of the pan. (I just greased the pan to be a little less piggy than this suggestion)
  • Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the prepared pan; cover pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or just eye ball them.
  • Bake rolls in a 350 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown

Cinnabon like Frosting

  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 8 ounces margarine
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp lemon
  • 16 oz. powdered sugar
Beat together, margarine, sugar, and vanilla. Spread frosting on warm rolls and eat until you have a food baby.


In other news, this morning was an early one as I had a bride and her entourage coming over to get beautified for her Bridal shoot.  It was so much fun!  I'm always so inspired with each bride I work with.  Camden (today's beauty bride) brought over some clip in hair extensions that matched her hair perfectly, and when I curled and strategically pinned them, looked FABULOUS!!!  She has these super intense blue/green eyes, and perfect cheeks, and I can't wait to get some photos of the shoot to share with you!!  Her close friend who came over today, happens to be her photographer as well, and is actually moving to Houston in August, so she's another perfect talent for me to play/work with!  Oh man I love love, weddings, makeup, and cinnamon rolls.

A tip: Don't grunt aggressively at the gym when lifting heavy weights.  It's unattractive and annoying.  Just sayin'.

xo T

 

No comments:

Post a Comment