Monday, August 22, 2011

Doll Eyes mascara review

It's been 8 days since I've used Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara.  I like to give new mascaras a full week of use at least before judgment because sometimes they take a while to get in the right flow of things.  As I mentioned in my previous blog, this mascara is quite pricey ($27), but because of all the positive reviews it received, and the "7 years of research" that went into this product, I splurged, and purchased.

My favourite part of the mascara is the brush.  This alone is worthy of a price increase.  It's very tapered, which allows for great accessibility to the inner and outer corners of the eyes.  The brush has quite firm bristles as well, so it makes combing between the lashes easy and smooth.  There is absolutely no clumping issues with this mascara, and you can layer without issues.  So why aren't I losing my mind over how great it is?  Well, I like the SUPER DRAMATIC "are you wearing false lashes?" look...  This mascara coats every lash and gives amazing separation, and length, but I like my mascara to go on a bit thicker.  If you like full lashes, that are perfectly separated, with zero clumps, and a light-weight feel, then this is the mascara for you!  Even with the price tag, the brush really is amazing and worth it.  However, if you are like me, and want dramatic lashes, that are SUPER volumized, as well as lengthened, then this may not be worth running to the store for unless you are prepared to pile on 4 coats (which I do and it's great but takes like 10 minutes to do mascara alone).  I did try using a thicker formulated mascara that has become a bit too goopy, and brushed it on for the DOLL EYES brush, and that worked awesome.

Hope this helps your purchase efforts :)

xo T

No comments:

Post a Comment