Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wanna buy a pig trap? Or how 'bout some potato salad...

My frequency of posting is down.  I may have bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to posting almost every day...  However, I'm trying my bestest to blog when the time arises!  It's been a hectic/great/adventurous little while...  BIG WEDDINGS (9 bridesmaids ++!!) and lots of bridal shoots, which I love.  The Husbo and I also did a quick romantic jaunt to San Antonio for Memorial Day weekend, which was pretty cool; well actually it was scorching hot (100 degrees), and I've never seen so many tourists in my life; but we took the opportunity to order dessert in bed, and of course, my favourite part of staying in a hotel:  Breakfast in bed ($20 toast always tastes better).  We saw the Alamo, and tried to get a feel for the city, but it was sooooo hot, and the line-ups, and people were everywhere, so we just did our own thing, and ended up having a very romantic time.  I also was exposed to my first Buc-ee's: the HUGEST gas station/convenience store/restaurant/grocery/hunting supply/tractor store I've ever seen in my life.  Seriously, for a Canadian girl like me, it was pretty weird to see this PACKED pit stop in the middle of nowhere, with a couple in line in front of me holding a pig trap, and the person behind me buying tampons and a salami plate.

In about an hour, I'm off to Dallas.  I'm excited!!  It'll be my first time there, and I really want to check out a few of the museums, and see the site where JFK was shot.  There's also a mega hipster area that has lots of fun boutiques and restaurants apparently, so I'm stoked to see that (I'm due for a shopping excursion).  With all this travel and excessive heat/sweating, I've started a new makeup/hair routine.  It's serving me well, and I thought I would share it with y'all as the weather is getting warmer almost everywhere in the world, and I have a good couple of tricks to add to your repertoire of Théa-Fication.

Ok, so starting with the hair:  I'm not an every day hair washer.  Don't judge me. but I'm not, nor will I ever be if I can avoid it.  What I've started doing is after washing, I let it air-dry until it's just damp, then I run a little bit of Jojoba oil through the bottom half of my hair as it tames any frizz, and keep things looking polished.  I twist my almost-dry hair into a bun on top of my head to let it finish drying for the next couple of hours.  When I take my hair down, I have loose, luscious waves, and no heat damage or effort... optimal.

Next for the makeup:  With all the sweateing I've been doing, I'm using predominantly mineral makeup;  My favourite being Laura Mercier's Pressed Mineral Powder.  It seems to stay on the best, and I love the finish.  This is followed by LOTS of bronzer, right now I'm obsessed with Bobbi Brown's Rich Cocoa, and concealer.  I fill in my brows, because if I don't I look frightening, and move onto the eyes.  Lately I've been skipping the eyeshadow, and concentrating on smudging a thin line INTO my upper and lower lashes, and blending with my finger so everything is soft and smokey, and then lining my inner rim of my eyes as well so that it deepens the soft lining of the lashes, without looking "made up".  I follow this with a TON of mascara, and the overall effect is a soft, sexy, sultry beachy look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment